At PTA Garage Services we stock a wide range of batteries including stop-start technology, all of which are available to buy via your local branch. Simply call your local PTA branch and one of our experts will help you find a suitable replacement. All of the batteries we sell come with a 3 year guarantee as standard.
What causes battery failure?
Your battery is the source of power that starts your car and keeps it running, so it is unsurprising that a large percentage of roadside breakdowns are caused by battery failure.
Extremes in temperature, infrequent use of your vehicle and leaving on lights or the radio, can all contribute to damaging older batteries, resulting in possible battery failure.
When does my battery need to be replaced?
Car batteries have an average lifespan of 3 to 4 years, so if your battery is approaching this age or you notice any of the following symptoms, it is time to have your battery checked:
- Rapid clicking noise when you turn the ignition key
- The engine is slow to turn over after ignition
- Headlights appear dimmer
PTA Garage Services offer a free battery heath check simply contact your local branch to book.
How can I prolong the life of my battery?
With simple maintenance and care, you can lengthen the life of your battery and help to maintain its performance.
Follow these simple steps:
- Keep the battery clean and dry at all times
- Do not allow the battery to go completely flat
- Turn off heaters, air conditioning, lights and radio whilst the car is not running
- Apply battery grease to terminals to keep them free from corrosion
- Avoid making short trips where possible
Contact your local PTA branch today to book an appointment and get a quote for all your battery needs.