At PTA Garage Services, we stock a wide range of car batteries to buy including stop-start technology, all of which are available to buy via your local branch. Simply call your local PTA branch and one of our experts will help you find a suitable replacement. All of the car batteries we sell come with a 3-year guarantee as standard.
Why do car batteries fail?
Your car battery is the source of power that starts your car and keeps it running, so it is unsurprising that a large percentage of roadside breakdowns are caused by car battery failure. Some of the reasons why car batteries fail can include:
- Extremes in temperature
- Infrequent use of your vehicle
- Leaving on lights or the radio
- A car battery fault
When does my battery need to be replaced?
Car batteries have an average lifespan of 3 to 4 years, so if your battery is approaching this age or you notice any of the following symptoms, it is time to have your battery checked:
- Rapid clicking noise when you turn the ignition key
- The engine is slow to turn over after ignition
- Headlights appear dimmer
PTA Garage Services offer a free car battery heath check simply contact your local branch to book.
How can I prolong the life of my battery?
With simple maintenance and care, you can lengthen the life of your car battery and help to maintain its performance.
Follow these simple steps:
- Keep the battery clean and dry at all times
- Do not allow the battery to go completely flat
- Turn off heaters, air conditioning, lights and radio whilst the car is not running
- Apply battery grease to terminals to keep them free from corrosion
- Avoid making short trips where possible
Contact your local PTA branch today to book an appointment and get a quote for all your battery needs.